Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Revo Summer 2015 Lip Balms!

I've been obsessed with finding and collecting all the Revo flavors since their original summer line came out in Walgreens last year. Their most recent collection is the five Summer 2015 flavors, which includes Pink Lemonade, Cherry Cola, Pina Colada, Cotton Candy, and Orange Mango. The balms in this collection are not in their normal smooth spherical matte plastic packaging, but are shiny and have what I can only think to describe as 'ridges'. They're similar to the diamond shaped Revo balms that are sold at CVS. Orange Mango balm from the Summer '15 collection compared to Pumpkin Spice in the usual Revo packaging
FLAVOR REVIEW!
Pink Lemonade smells pretty much identical to the Lemon Ice flavor to me. It's slightly more tart, more like a "glass of lemonade" type scent, whereas I feel like the Lemon Ice balm smells like straight up lemon Pledge (but I still love it). It's good, and the scent is pretty strong and on the lips it has a nice sweet lemonade flavor.
Cherry Cola is just like a freshly opened can of Cherry Coke or Wild Cherry Pepsi, you can almost hear the 'fizz' when you twist it open (not really but it is delicious). I have a few Lipsmacker balms and lip glosses that are cherry cola flavored and this is way better than any of those. It doesn't have any of that weird artificial or chemical scent/taste that others do. It has a nice flavor, like yummy Cherry Pepsi residue without the stickyness and calories.
Pina Colada This one is probably my favorite, not because I like Pina Colada, but because it has the strongest and most natural scent and flavor. This thing smells like coconut milk and fresh pineapple juice, and is definitely the most appropriate summer balm in this collection. On the lips it has a nice pineapple flavor, like those weird clear lifesavers that I only recently found out were pineapple flavored. Yum!
Cotton Candy I totally expected this to be my favorite flavor because I always love anything cotton candy, but to me this just doesn't accurately portray the cavity-inducing bags of goodness that are cotton candy. The scent is absolutely not bad at all, it just isn't what cotton candy smells like to me. You know when you make a pitcher of watermelon Kool-aid, and you pour the packet of powder into the bottom, and then dump the cup of sugar on top, and this big dusty cloud of watermelon-sugar dust flies up and hits you in the face? That's exactly what this smells like to me, and I love it. They should have named this balm Watermelon Koolaid Sugar Dust, which would be very appropriate for summer. I still love this one.
Orange Mango Mangoes are my favorite fruit, but I usually don't like anything mango flavored, especially because it's almost always paired with either peach or orange. That does not sound like it should be a bad thing, but something about those fruits mixing in artificial flavors just makes them taste and smell awful. I do actually like this flavor, but not because it's necessarily 'good' or an accurate mango flavor, but because it smells exactly like that bright orange kids liquid Motrin medicine. I love that smell and flavor, I could do shots of Motrin if you let me, I just think it's delicious. I can see how most normal people would not like this flavor, it's pretty medicinal, but you should still try it, especially if you're a Motrin fan like myself.
That's it for the Revo Summer 2015 Collection! Overall, I really like these flavors! Revo has very excellent and unique flavors, and I will continue to buy every single seasonal and holiday collection they release! I have almost all of the Revo flavors, so if there are any you want to know about let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment